Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.easyhomemadelife.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
European Economic Area specific rights & protection under GDPR law
1) For the purposes of EU data protection legislation, Easy Homemade Life is the controller of your Personal Information. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at [email protected]
2) Easy Homemade Life collects personal information from visitors to our site and who subscribe to our services.
Through the process of accessing our services, we require your first & last name and email address. We may ask you for optional additional information during registration or requesting a service, as well as information via surveys from time to time. Surveys and any optional information requests may be ignored or left blank at your discretion. We use this information to better our service to you, and better cater our overall content to our user base. We use your first & last name and email address for authenticated access to our services. We also use your email address as the means of communication with you for notifications, updates, maintenance of services. It is also the means of communication & access to any of our services you requested such as member areas and mailing lists.
Cookies help us identify what is working and what is not on our website, and, is the mechanism used to store any preferences you may set or select when browsing the site and/or accessing member areas. For example, it helps us identify if the way we are communicating is engaging or not and how we can organize the structure of the website better.
Your IP allows us to better understand where our visitors are coming from and cater to their needs, and as a means to identify and prevent abuse.
The processing of personal data with us is based on legitimate interests.
3) The personal data received through Easy Homemade Life is stored by us and may be sent to one of our sub-processors.
4) Easy Homemade Life is hosted on servers hosted in the USA with DigitalOcean.com with CloudFlare as DNS.
We will protect the privacy and security of personal information according to this privacy statement, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
We employ reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
We use industry-recognized technical safeguards, such as firewalls, and have adopted and implemented security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration.
We protect transmissions throughout our site via the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
Notwithstanding our efforts, we cannot guarantee absolute or unqualified protection of this information given the open nature and resulting instability of the Internet and World Wide Web, and we make no representations or warranties as to the effectiveness of our security and assume no liability for security breaches or any failure in the security of your computer equipment, your internet service provider or other networks and communications providers.
5) We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and provide our services to you.
6) As we are processing personal data on legitimate interests, you can exercise the following rights:
Right of access: you can ask us at any time to access your personal data by contacting us at [email protected]
Right to erasure: you can ask us at any time to delete all the personal data we are processing about you by contacting us at [email protected]
Right to object: you can object to the processing of your personal data by contacting us at [email protected]
Right to opt-out: you can opt-out at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
If you are using any of our services such as our mailing lists, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email at any time.
7) If you think that the way we process your personal data is infringing the law, you have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority.
8) Providing us with your personal data is voluntary. Please note that refusal to provide certain data may make it impossible for you to use all or part of our website, and/or all or parts of our services.
9) Either Easy Homemade Life, or one of our designated processors, may automatically process your personal data in the following ways:
- We may assign to your profile extra meta tags (little content descriptors) to assist us in managing our data.
- We may use web beacons to track who opened our emails and clicked links to measure campaign performance and improve features for you. We also use web beacons in emails to create reports about campaign performance and determine what actions you took.
- In the event that you no longer engage with our content or services, you will be tagged as such. If, after an arbitrary time you fail to re-engage, you may be automatically removed from our systems as further processing of your personal data is no longer necessary.
The Gourmet Ads’ Advertising Program
The Gourmet Ads’ Advertising Program allows advertisers to purchase ad space on this website. Publishers want their ads to be relevant to their readers, which helps them to offer content for no cost or lower cost. Buyers want to use their advertising dollars efficiently by reaching the right audiences, and by measuring the effectiveness of their ads. To accomplish these goals, Advertisers and Publishers use the Gourmet Ads’ Advertising Program to engage in a variety of techniques, including interest-based advertising, real-time (or programmatic) advertising, contextual, and location-based advertising.
a) Opt Out
Industry trade associations maintain web pages where you can opt out of interest-based advertising by all participating companies:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Europe, http://www.youronlinechoices.com
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada http://youradchoices.ca/choices/
You can also choose to disable or selectively turn off cookies or third-party cookies in your web browser settings.
It is important to note that different devices (i.e. mobile, tablet and desktop) use different identifiers and different technologies, so that you must opt out separately from each web browser and each device that you would like to be opted out. If you opt-out of targeted advertising, we will no longer collect User Information described within this policy.
Last updated March 1, 2022